July 11, 2011

Have holidays, will blog

Werther's Originals: Japan's favourite confectionery
A thought came to me on the way back from an amazing weekend in Italy last summer. Instead of keeping all the memories of my overseas trips in my head, why not keep them there AND write them down as well?

That way, when I am an old man waddling about my OAP home with a walking stick in one hand and a packet of Werther's Originals in the other, I can boot up my iPhone 37S and read about how I spent the summer of 2011 quaffing prosecco in a Tuscan villa.

Life then got in the way, so I've done nothing until now, but am planning to document the trips I've made since returning from sabbatical.

So while this blog started out with a defined start and end date, it's now an open (web) book. My goal is to try and write about every trip I make overseas from this point on.